After school clubsh
JAM stands for ‘Jesus and Me’ and is a fun story and activity based club which helps to explore Christian Values. It is about nurturing a sense of spirituality and friendship and encouraging children to ask questions – supporting the school’s Christian ethos as we explore everyday themes as well as stories and characters from the Bible in a light and age appropriate way.
Club activities include:
- Storytelling – including some Bible stories E.g. Creation, Daniel and the Lions, Parables, Harvest etc. Themes such as caring for each other, belonging to a family, kindness, summer fun and holidays.
- Practical activities – some may involve tasting/preparing food. Please indicate if we need to be aware of any allergies or intolerances.
- Outdoor activities ( weather permitting)
- Art and craft activities
- Lighting a candle and a short prayer
- Plenty of opportunities for questions, opinions and discussion!
Tuesday 5th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Tuesday 12th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Tuesday 19th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Tuesday 26th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Tuesday 3rd July 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Tuesday 10th July 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
David and Goliath, it's all about team work!
Now, I don’t think we’ll ever have to fight a giant but sometimes we have BIG problems and we need to be brave and remember that God is with us and gives us strength. Here are 5 stones just like David had – lets be like David and use God’s help for:
- Courage – lets be brave like David
- Confidence – David looked after his sheep from wolves.
- Be prepared – David took 5 stones from the stream.
- Trust – David knew God would help him.
- Victory – David won because he gave his worries to God.
Dear God, You helped David to win his fight with Goliath. Help us to remember that we can tell you what we are worried about and to know that you will help us with our BIG problems. Help us to be brave like David. We may be small, but with your help we are bigger than giants. Amen
This is a club for year 1 children, running for 6 weeks.
Thursday 7th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Thursday 14th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Thursday 21st June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Thursday 28th June 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Thursday 5th July 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm
Thursday 12th July 3.15pm ~~ 4.15pm